DCMI Advisory Board
- ► Governing Board committees: Membership & Finance ◘ Nominations & Bylaws
- ► Technical Board committees: Usage ◘ Standards & Liaisons ◘ Community Specifications ◘ Infrastructure Advisory Committee (IAC)
- ► Advisory Board committees: Conferences & Meetings ◘ Education & Outreach
- ► Management: Executive ◘ Directorate
Steering Committee Meetings (Schedule/Agendas/Minutes)
- The Advisory Board is the organizational body that advances DCMI's work through engagement with DCMI community members and liaising with other initiatives that have shared, metadata-related interests. The Board is responsible for overseeing the programmatic work of the Initiative including conferences and meetings, education, publication, and outreach activities, and promoting DCMI. For the Initiative, the Advisory Board serves as the primary advisory body for DCMI for matters pertinent to the Board's charge and also as a broad-based sounding board for DCMI on issues deemed of significant importance to the Initiative, its members, and stakeholders.
- open, Chair
- open, Chair-Elect
- Co-Chairs Emma Tonkin & Muriel Foulonneau: Conferences & Meetings Committee
- Co-Chairs Ana Alice Baptista & Keven Liu: Education & Outreach Committee
Community and Task Group Leaders*
- Chair and Co-Chair of Communities
- Chair and Co-Chair of Task Groups
- Liaisons to other metadata activities
- Representatives of DCMI Members and other stakeholder organizations
- Invited experts appointed by the DCMI Managing Director
- For full information on Board Members and their Affiliations, visit the Board homepage on the DCMI Advisory Board  website.
- Advisory Board membership is open to anyone who has made positive contributions to the Initiative, or fills a perceived gap in knowledge important for the advancement of DCMI's work.
- Appointments to the Advisory Board are made by the Executive Committee, acting on recommendations made by the Appointments Sub-committee.
Scope, Work & Reporting
- The Advisory Board appoints a Chair and Chair-Elect to lead the Advisory Board and to serve as the Board's members on the DCMI Executive Committee.
- Reporting: The Advisory Board Chair reports to the Executive Committee in a manner set out in the Board Policies & Procedures
- Joseph Busch, Chair, Taxonomy Strategies, USA (2015)
- Marcia Zeng, Chair, Kent State University, USA (2014)
- JiscMail Board Forums:
- DCMI Administrative WebEx Calendar
Key DCMI Handbook Pages
- AB Annual Meeting Notes AB-AM-Minutes
- AB Steering Committee Meeting Notes AB-SC-Minutes
- AB Education & Outreach Committee (EOC) Meeting Notes AB-EOC-Minutes
- AB Knowledge Audit (as of end of 2013) AB-Knowledge-Audit
Scratchpad (Chairs only)